Regardless of geographic location, organization size and having exceptionally qualified work force, most businesses face many of the same challenges every day. Achieving financial targets, improving profitability, minimizing expenses and retaining talented staff to keep things moving in the right direction seem to be top challenge for both small businesses and large corporations. The biggest challenges generally experienced are: Achieving Financial Targets; Finding the Competent Resources and Retaining them; Improving the Bottom Line; Statutory and Government Regulations; and Health Care Cost.
PSG believes that a differentiated approach to find solutions can dramatically help Small Businesses to achieve their goals economically, and it can boost the profitability of large corporations. But REMEMBER -It will be unfair to expect a differentiated approach or solution from an employee who has been trained to think and do the work in a certain way. In such situations, an independent consultant can help minimizing the challenges and bring the following benefits:
- Consultant will have specialized skills and differentiated thinking.
- You have a high quality staff to perform the task.
- As an external party, consultant brings knowledge of best practices, which he/she shares with clients.
- Consultant will help reducing downtime for internal teams; and
- Clients can enjoy reduced hiring and training costs for internal teams.
We work with clients on development of a business management system, vision, mission, strategy, planning, and mitigating problem; and help develop organizational capability, business skills, and knowledge. These topics range from designing a business management system or execution plan, to determining which execution techniques to use and how to use them.
In many instances, small businesses can not afford to have additional staff to develop, implement and maintain the business management systems. As a result, small businesses remain small and do not get opportunity to work directly with large organizations. We help multiple small businesses to provide support in the above areas and represent their interest to larger corporations, as well as to enable them to bring their system up to a minimum acceptable standard at par with Industry Standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, NP 21001, 22000, 22301, 55001, 27001, API Q1, Q2,, OHSAS 18001 and other National Standards. This also help larger corporations to have a wider pool of suppliers.
We encourage large organizations to provide direct opportunities to these small businesses; and we also work with SBA to share our insights and learn on how much opportunities can genuinely be provided to help grow the small businesses by larger corporations.
Our approach is primarily lessons learned based and we provide differentiated solutions to resolve our clients issues and to help them grow profitably.
PSG provides numerous business solutions, based on industry lessons, current market conditions, business locations, organizational capabilities and business interests, but some of the key assistance areas are as follows:
- Establishing a Business Management System to Manage Effective Operations;
- Integration of Multiple Management Systems into One System;
- Development of Quality Management, Quality Control and Quality Assurance Plan;
- Formulating a Project Execution Strategy for Small Businesses;
- Designing a Supplier Quality and Performance Management System;
- Correction, Corrective Action and Preventive Action Process development;
- Establishing a Non-Conformity Reporting, Control and Management Process;
Some of the specific consulting support we provide are as follows:
- Quality Management Systems (QMS) to obtain ISO 9001 Certification
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) to obtain ISO 14001 certification
- Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) to obtain ISO 22000
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) to obtain ISO/IEC 2700)
- Business Continuity Management Systems to obtain ISO 22301:2012 or BS 25999-2
- Health and Safety Management Systems Certification (H&SMS) – for Health & Safety Management Systems (BS OHSAS 18001)
- Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) to obtain ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Supply Chain Security Management Systems (SCSMS) to obtain ISO 28000
- Energy Management Systems (EnMS) to obtain ISO 50001
- Asset Management Systems Certification (AMS) to obtain ISO 55001
- Green House Gas Verification (GHG) for ISO 14065